Monday, January 30, 2012

Kitchen Hullabaloo: Mango Float

I first tasted mango float a.k.a refrigerator cake back in high school from a friend's mom. It was really delicious. Recently, I've made my own. Just in time for summer when it's hot and sweet mangoes are in season :) 

Photo below is my almost done mango float.



Gladly, BF liked my mango float. :) Secret to perfect it, is not to make it too sweet. My ratio for the cream and condensed milk is 2:1, respectively. For example, for every 2 cans of cream, use 1 can of condensed milk. For this I used 2 cans of Nestle cream and 1 tetra pack of Alaska condensada. 

Mix the the cream and milk in a bowl. Don't mix it too much as if you're making a whipped cream. Just enough that both ingredients are blended. Layer the graham crackers, mixture (of milk and cream), graham crakers, mixture, sliced mangoes, mixture, and crushed grahams. Put inside freezer for 2 to 3 hours. Then ready to eat :) Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment